If you’re like most men, when you think about penis health, you think about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or erectile dysfunction (ED).
While these conditions can certainly affect the health of your penis, penile health goes far beyond these two issues.
Here are some things every man should know about penis health:
Penis Health Refers To:
- Your ability to urinate comfortably
- Your ability to get or maintain an erection
- Your fertility
- Avoiding certain health conditions such as STDs and penile cancer
These Things Can Affect the Health of Your Penis
- Hormone levels – Ed is often caused by low T levels or another hormonal imbalance.
- Underlying health conditions – High blood pressure, diabetes, and certain neurological conditions can cause ED. Mental health issues such as depression and anxiety can also exacerbate ED.
- Sex – Condoms keep you safe from STDs. If you don’t want to wear one, be sure you and your partner are monogamous and that you are both tested regularly for STDs. Also worth mentioning, rough sex can also harm your penis. Your penis can be bent at odd angles causing a traumatic penis fracture.
- Poor hygiene – Good hygiene is important for penis health. Poor hygiene causes a buildup of smegma, an oily, malodorous, and irritating substance that is known to occur below the foreskin. When this builds up, it causes the head of your penis to become red and inflamed.
General Tips for Penis Health
As with your overall health, there are some things you can do to keep your penis healthy:
- Stay hydrated
- Eat a balanced diet (good nutrition is important for hormonal regulation)
- Get regular exercise – exercise has been shown to cut your risk of developing ED, which is often caused by a lack of good blood circulation.
- Maintain a healthy weight – obesity is one of the biggest causes of diabetes and heart disease, both of which can lead to ED.
- Practice good stress management – meditation, exercise and breath work can help you handle the stress in your life.
Supplementation also helps with stress. Ginseng has been shown to help fight stress and anxiety. Our Golden Royal Honey contains Panax Ginseng, along with other powerful nutrients that have been scientifically proven to help men with stress and ED. See if our honey can help you beat stress.
There are a number of ways you can prevent STIs. The most obvious is to use a condom each time you have sex. You should also get tested to be sure after each new partner. This is because many STIs are asymptomatic, meaning you won’t have any noticeable symptoms. So you and your new partner should get checked to be sure.
If you or a partner has an infection, you might be able to take certain precautions to prevent it from spreading between you.
If you do happen to contract an STI, understand that most are treatable, so try not to panic and don’t feel ashamed. Talk to your doctor about treatment and how you should proceed.
Circumcision Pros and Cons
And speaking of STIs, uncircumcised penises are more susceptible to STIs. But the good news is, they are less likely to be chaffed and irritated as circumcised penises. If you are circumcised, try and wear loose fitting clothes to stop the chaffing.
Are Bends or Curves Normal in Penises?
It is fairly common for men to have slight bends or curves in their penis. But what’s not as common is a significant bend and pain in your penis when it’s erect. This is a condition called Peyronie’s disease and it’s usually the result of a traumatic injury. If you think you may have this condition, speak with your healthcare provider.
Maintaining Penis Sensitivity as You Age
It’s quite common for men to lose sensitivity of their penis as they age. It is believed this is caused by poor blood circulation as well as daily friction. To improve your circulation, eat right and exercise. And wear loose fitting clothes and underwear to eliminate friction.
Keeping your penis healthy will ensure it can do its job properly. But sometimes, even when we follow healthy tips, we still find we can’t “get it up” like we used to or we even lose our libido!
There are many reasons for this – some health related like type 2 diabetes – so if you are struggling in the bedroom, it’s best to speak to your doctor and get a full check-up.
If you are healthy and you’re still having trouble, sometimes a little help is all you need to get you back in the saddle.
Our Golden Royal Honey is loaded with powerful natural ingredients that have been shown to help men get their libido back and achieve and maintain an erection. Try some for yourself today.